Happy Monday! Okay – I’ve had this trick up my sleeve and the time has come to share it with you. Erin from Artsocial & I are collaborating on Mondays with a new series called “In Love” – I will be guest blogging on her awesome blog and she will be starting off the Bedsidesign week by guest blogging here. In addition, you can follow our inspiration behind the scenes via Pinterest where we are collecting the images that we will share with you! You guys are going to love Erin – her blog is flippin’ great and her eye for art/design/fashion/music/you get the point – is spot on. Please give her a warm welcome and don’t forget to check out my post on her blog!
IN LOVE: HAPPINESS
Hi there, friends. I’m preeetty stoked to be guest posting on Bedsidesign… and talking about happiness is kind of my favorite thing right now. Here are a few of the things that make me smile, bring me inspiration, and/or cause me to do spontaneous happy dances…
1. Oh the Pinterest. Not only do I love Pinterest, but I can’t get enough of the incredible lifestyle photography that’s pinned on the reg. Signe Vilstrup is one of my absolute favorites… P.S. photo shoots with balloons? CANNOT go wrong.
2. Speaking of balloons, these balloon prints by Inflated/Deflated are so clever I can’t stand it. It’s such a simple, yet brilliant idea… it makes me want to write my own sayings on deflated balloons (is that weird?). I’m a big contemporary art fan, so taking the mundane and turning it into a work of art is right up my alley. I often find myself thinking I just want to travel… et tu?
3. So I know I’m a guest on Bedsidesign and I don’t want to start off on the wrong foot, but… I’m kind of a cat lady. This is my cat Meowmers. He’s a sassy little guy, he brings me much happiness, and he sometimes finds himself on my Instagram feed… only sometimes, I promise. I try to keep my cat lady-ness in check.
4. I mentioned I love me some contemporary art – well Paul Octavious is one of the most talented and creative contemporary photographers out there. I have such an art crush on him… if I ever saw him in real life, I’d probably faint boy-band-fan style.
5. There’s something about cupcakes and happiness – they seem inextricably linked. They’re like an individually-sized gift just for you… and mini cupcakes? Well they’re even better cuz you can have like 3 and not feel bad.
6. Flats. I luurve them. I’m only 5’3″ so I should probs be interested in heels… but I’m not. They just don’t feel like me. So I’m saying nay to high heels and embracing my short-ness, ya hear. And Madewell does flats oh so well.
7. For some reason I have a soft spot for ’90s rap music… This gem from Friends of Type is referencing a little ditty by Skee Lo… takes me right back to high school, cruisin’ around in my *ahem* Neon… not very baller.
What are some of your favorite things, friends? I’d love to hear!